Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Road to Hell

My Xbox has dictated a large portion of the evening tonight but I thought I would quickly upload a few photos of my new garden space and how I plan to use it.

This is my backyard, largely dominated by the massive Poiciana tree. I imagine it was planted (right in the middle of the yard mind you) when the house was first built. Its truly an amazing sight, I still am not tired of looking at it. The one thing to remember though is that it provides a heap of shade, too much for a lot of veges, so I've chosen a spot in the top right corner of the yard where I'll get the most sunlight.

This is it here. I plan a raised garden bed with some treated pine sleepers and my Xmas present, a corrugated iron raised bed.


Its about 2 metres long and its going to turn this cracked and essentially useless concrete slab into a vege garden. I eventually plan to add a second on the other side, so I'll make the most of the dead space.


These are currently what I have growing now, from the left is Rosemary, Oranges, Basil, Gerbora, Oregano and Thyme. The Gerbora was a present from my neighbour, and I plan to break it up and plant it around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment